Religious Studies is based on exploring issues relevant to modern life in religious and secular settings. All students in year KS4 follow the Welsh Joint Education Committee (WJEC) GCSE (9-1) Syllabus.
The assessment is 100% examination consisting of two written papers, there is no controlled assessment.
Typical examination questions
- Why do some people become prejudiced?
- Explain how a religious believer might respond to the issue of euthanasia.
- Outline the teachings on the afterlife in one religion.
- ‘People are irresponsible in their treatment of the earth’ Do you agree? Refer to the evidence and examples, showing that you have thought about more than one point of view.
The following four Components make up the course content:
- Religious philosophical and ethical studies in the modern world.